Your best choices for sending money from Taiwan
To provide the best services for sending money across the globe from Taiwan, King’s Town Bank and Western Union has established King’s Pay. King’s Pay is an online remittance service which aims to provide competitive fees and to give best sending money experiences. King’s Pay is a unique product that is only available at King’s Town Bank given our bank is the only banking partner with Western Union in Taiwan.
King’s Pay sends money through Western Union, the service provides outward money transfer service with recipients limited to individuals only, corporate accounts are not accepted.
Advantages of King’s Pay
- All fees are paid by the sender, receiver generally receivers the full amount.
- It is a good alternative to SWIFT in terms of efficiency and cost.
- Sending money online 24/7 freely from banking hours and branch locations.
- You can enjoy the service as long as you have Taiwan ID cards and a bank account in Taiwan.
What are the fee charges and sending limits?
All fees are paid by the sender. Receiving money is free of charge unless the receiver chooses to receive the money in a different currency or to a device or an account which was not part of the send transaction.
|Amount (USD)||Fee (USD)|
Sending Limits (amount shown below is all equivalent to TWD)
|Receiving Method||Per Transaction||Daily Limit||Monthly Limit|
|Cash pickup||30,000 TWD||50,000 TWD||100,000 TWD|
|Bank account||50,000 TWD||100,000 TWD||200,000 TWD|
How to register?
Before registering, you are required to have:
- A Taiwan personal ID card plus a Taiwan second ID card.
- A bank account in Taiwan.
Register online at www.ktb-wu.com.tw and follow the below steps:
- Step 1: Enter your Taiwan personal ID number, mobile number and agree with the Terms and Conditions.
- Step 2: Create your personal profile.
- Step 3: Upload your Taiwan personal ID card and a Taiwan second ID card (only ID issued by Taiwan government is accepted such as health insurance card and driving license).
- Step 4: Set up your username and password.
- Step 5: Verify your email account to complete the registration process.
How to set up my fund-in account? What is fund-in account?
Log in to your King’s Pay account, the first time user will be required to set up your fund-in account and receiver’s information. You could also update fund-in account under the “Settings”.
Fund-in account can be any bank accounts that can be verified via FISC (Financial Information Service Company) in Taiwan. Only your own bank account can be registered as the fund-in account. To complete the transaction, payment would only be successful via bank transfer from the registered fund-in accounts.
How to send money online?
- Log in to your King’s Pay account and follow the first time instructions to set up your fund-in account and receiver’s information.
- Choose “Send Money” and follow steps to complete your transaction.
How do I pay King’s Pay online?
- Once the transaction is completed, follow the payment informationmessage to pay for your transaction online. You are required to complete the payment transfer within 2 hours.
- King’s Pay is paid online with your fund-in account. For example, if your registered fund-in account is a bank account with King’s Town Bank. You are required to log into your online banking at King’s Town Bank and make a bank transfer into the payment account which is provided upon the last step of your send money journey.
- Please note the payment amount would NOT be automatically deducted from your fund-in account. Kindly take note of the payment details and make the transfer via the bank of your fund-in account in order to complete the transaction.
How does King’s Pay pay out money transfers?
King’s Pay uses Western Union services. Western Union pays out your money transfer in cash as well as in in some locations, directly to receiver’s bank account. Please visit our destination list of countries here for more details. King’s Pay could send money directly to receiver’s bank account over 70 countries globally.
How do I refund the transaction? How to change a receiver’s name?
Apply online under the “History” by locating the transaction you would like to request.
How can I track my transfer?
You can track your transfer status online. You could find your MTCN under the “History” by locating the transaction you would like to request.
How do I pick up a money transfer?
For cash pickup – the receiver brings the tracking number (MTCN) along with the receiver’s government-issued photo ID to any of Western Union’s agent location for cash pickup.
For direct to bank account – the money transfer shall be deposited into your receiver’s bank account within 1-3 business days, subject to the actual processing days required at the receiver’s bank.
How do I contact King’s Pay customer service?